NFC and Mobile Payment Application Testing
Develop, pre-certify and certify mobile payment applications
An increasing number of banks and mobile operators are now offering mobile contactless payments to their customers. As with EMV contactless cards, the mobile payment application contained on the SIM needs to be certified by the contactless payment schemes, and in some cases by GlobalPlatform.
Ensure your customers have a successful mobile payment experience
Further tests need to be conducted by handset and manufacturers of SIM, microSD or embedded chips to ensure the payment application and acceptance devices communicate as expected.
Barnes offers a range of mobile payment test tools that enables companies involved in developing mobile payment applications to perform these tests and ensure their offerings are certifiable and interoperable.
Banks, card issuers and payment schemes
Personalization bureaus or TSM
Mobile network operators
Reduces the costs and risks of a mobile payments device or application not working in the field
Speeds up the formal certification process by the payment schemes or GlobalPlatform approved laboratories
Regular test script updates ensure tests are always to the latest specifications
Reduces time and costs of EMV Certification
EMV Personalization Validation Test Tool
The Barnes CPT 3000v3CL is a Personalization Validation Tool (PVT) widely used by companies involved in the manufacture, test, certification and issuance of EMV cards. It is used to enhance quality assurance practices, and ensure EMV cards meet stringent payment scheme specifications when sent for formal certification testing.
As with all Barnes Test Tools, the CPT 3000v3CL is easy to use providing varying levels of reporting detail and analysis to meet the differing needs of the user.
- With a simple card insertion, performs quick and accurate tests of personalization data in single or multiple applications on the EMV chip and magnetic stripe to ensure data is correct and valid according to issuer templates/ card profiles and all major payment scheme specifications and standard profiles.
- Test results include Pass / Fail data displays and detailed test result logs with hyperlinks to the EMV and payment scheme specifications to allow the user to quickly identify and resolve problems.
- Supports all EMV payment applications: Personalization validation of contact, contactless and dual interface EMV cards to ensure cards contain consistent information over both contact and magnetic stripe interfaces and personalization complies with Visa (VIS), Mastercard M/Chip, Amex AEIPS, JCB, Discover/ Diners, UnionPay/ PBOC and National payment scheme rules such as GIE CB, Interac, RuPay, mada, JetCo, plus mobile NFC and compliance with Visa payWave and Mastercard PayPass™ / Advance, Amex ExpressPay, J/Speedy and many others.
- Developed in collaboration with Visa, Mastercard, Amex and other payment schemes; used by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, major banks and card bureaus globally.
- Barnes customers benefit from regular test scripts updates made available via the Barnes website.
Launch secure EMV, NFC and mobile payments faster
Mobile Payment Validation Test Tool
CPT 3000v3 ML
CPT 3000v3 ML
The Barnes CPT 3000v3 ML offers organizations the ability to perform payments application testing over NFC, SWP and ISO interfaces. Most tests can be carried out with the handset over the NFC contactless interface. An optional SWP reader allows the SIM card to be tested in an environment that closely resembles the real world in that it allows the CPT software to simulate the handset as well as the contactless terminal and closes the testing loop. Testing over SWP eliminates the need for a handset.
As with all Barnes Test Tools, the CPT 3000v3 ML is easy to use providing varying levels of reporting detail and analysis to meet the differing needs of the user.
- Advanced Module of the CPT 3000v3
- Tests payment applications personalized in mobile phones (embedded chip), SIM and microSD Cards
- Validates personalization data against EMV and Payment Scheme requirements
- Tests over NFC, ISO or SWP interfaces.
- Ensures payment applications meets Amex, Mastercard and Visa mobile payment specifications down to Tag level